By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you may choose not to use the Site. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our User Agreement incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect information directly from you, automatically as you use our Site and our Services, and, in certain situations, from third parties. The type of information that we collect varies based on the particular Site that you visit and your interaction with our Site and Services.
- Account Creation. We require you to create an account to access certain areas and features of our Site and Services. The information that we collect from you depends on the particular Site, but includes, at a minimum: your name, email address, country, postal code, role, and title.
- Subscriptions. If you subscribe to our online or printed publications, we will collect your name, postal address, email address to process your subscription request as well as to manage your online account.
- Contests and Special Offers. On occasion, Coin Chroniclescollects personal information from users in connection with optional contests or special offers.
- User Surveys and Market Research. Coin Chronicles may collect personal information from users in connection with voluntary surveys. Data may be collected on our Site, on a survey company’s website, on the phone, or through the mail. Your responses may be shared, but only in the aggregate, with advertisers and partners unless we notify you otherwise at the time of collection. You have the right to decline to participate in any survey.
Information We Collect From You About Third Parties. Certain portions of our Site allow users to provide information about other persons. For example, you may upload your contacts on our Site. If you do so, we may collect the email addresses of those contacts.
Information We Collect Automatically. Coin Chroniclesuses “cookies,” web beacons, and other technologies to collect automatically the following information and similar information about your use of our Site or Services: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the web page that led you to our Site. We do not respond to web-browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Site. As discussed below, you may opt out of tracking by third-party network advertisers.
What Do We Do With the Information We Gather About You? We may use the information that you provide and that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To Provide Our Services to You. We use your information to fulfill your orders for our publications, to enable you to view the content on our Site, and to otherwise interact with all of the features and Services available on our Site.
- To Communicate With You About Your Use of Our Services, to Respond to Your Inquiries, and for Other Customer-Service Purposes. When we communicate with you, we may do so through the email address that you provide to us, notices to your inbox, and other means available through our Site and Services.
- To Personalize Your Services.We may use your information to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- To Keep You Informed on the Basis of Your Preferences. We may use your information to notify you about employment opportunities, news, and other events from institutions that may be of interest to you.
- For Marketing and Promotional Purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, to provide special offers about products and services, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third-party website and to determine appropriate advertisements for our own Site.
- To Improve Our Site and Services.To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, on both aggregated and individualized bases, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences.
How We Share Your Information. We may share the information that we collect about you, including your personal information (collectively, “information”), as follows:
- Other Users of the Site. Your user name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text, will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Non-Affiliated Third Parties.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
User-Generated Content. We invite you to post content to our Site, whether in your User Profile or through contributing to our blogs, columns, video logs, or posting webinars.
Any content that you post to our Site and through our Services, including any User Profile (subject to your User Profile privacy settings) will be available to all other visitors to our Site. If you post content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public, and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Third-Party Links. Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
Security of Personal Information. We have taken commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best reasonable efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Frequency of Communications. From time to time, we may send you promotional emails about products and services/features that we believe would be of interest to you. You will be provided with means to submit options regarding the frequency of emails. With regard to email communications received from us, please note that it may take as much as 10 days to process your request. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails from us, we will still communicate with you through email about your account or any of the Services that you have requested or received from us (for example, we may continue to send you contact requests).